RESEARCH UNPLUGGED -- Fall 2012 series
Join Lisa Gatzke-Kopp, Human Development and Family Studies as she presents:
The ABC's of ADHD: Inside the Brains of Kids with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders
Programs are held in the Downsbrough Community Room at Schlow and begin at 12:15 until 1:15pm.
Limited free parking is available at Schlow Library starting at 11:45am.
Don't miss any of the new exciting Research Unplugged lectures that continue in April at their new location - here in Schlow's Community Room.
April 12 - Disappearing Bees: An Update on the Search for Prime Suspects
April 19- Pennsylvania Pop: Reflections on Andy Warhol's Art and Roots
- Fowler, Allan. Antarctica (Rookie Read-About Geography). Children's Press, 2001. This is a great book for emergent readers about the coldest continent.
- Petersen, David. Antarctica (True Book). Children's Press, 1999. Photos and simple text introduce the coldest continent.
- Portis, Antoinette. A Penguin Story. Harper Collins, 2009.
- Arnold, Caroline. Penguin's World. Picture Window Books, 2006. Striking paper collages and clear text highlight this easy non-fiction book about the life of two Adelie penguin chicks. A map of Antarctica adds to the interest. Great for sharing with a group.
- Barner, Bob. Penguins Penguins Everywhere. Chronicle Books, 2007. Rhyming text introduces facts about the wide variety of penguin species and what makes them unique.
- Black, Sonia. Plenty of Penguins.
- Learn how to access Penn State University Library's resources,
- Find out more about Google Scholar and other free online resources, including Schlow Library resources.
- Receive a free copy of Research and Documentation in the Electronic Age.
- Enter to win a flash drive.