Parent and Teacher Resources
Below are helpful resources for parents, teachers, and caregivers.
Registration for the Toddler learning Centre Winter Session #2 will begin Tuesday, February 18.
Registration for Session 2 of Storytime will begin Monday, February 24.
We invite Centre County children in grades 1 through 6 to share their creativity with others in the community!
You may submit your entries between Monday, January 6 and Tuesday, March 18, 2014.
Please download the pdf for the complete list of rules.
All winners will be notifed by letter, which will be mailed in April 2014.
- TOO YOUNG FOR PRESCHOOL? Join us at the library, a place for children to play and an opportunity for parents to talk.more info
Open to all children age 18 months to 3 years.
Session 1: Wednesdays, January 15, 22, 29 & February 5, 12 at 9:15am OR 10:30am
Session 2: Tuesdays, March 4, 11, 18, 25 & April 1 at 9:15am OR 10:30am
- You may choose to register for one Toddler Learning Centre OR one Tales for Twos storytime each session.
- Registration for Session 1 begins Thursdy, January 2. Session 2 registration begins Tuesday, February 18.
We're pleased to have a section at Schlow and on our website dedicated to Homeschooling!
Looking for homeschool resources? Check out the Homeschool Display Shelf, located to the left of the door as you walk into the Children's Department. Throughout the school year, you will find resources for homeschool group study units, resource binders and subject-of-the-month materials.
Look to the left of this article (click "more info") for these resources:
- The Current Homeschool Newsletter: Information for homeschoolers about events and resources at the library.
- The Current Resources List, this month: A recommendation list of books and materials for kids and parents focusing on Safety Resources.
The Internet is an exciting entry to the universe of knowledge and people. It lets you chat with someone on the other side of the globe or view the globe from space. As the Internet is not regulated, people are free to put anything on it without identifying themselves, which leaves users open to some risks. Some material may be inappropriate and some information may be incorrect.
For more information, Schlow Library's Internet Policy, and Internet guidelines for kids click "more info."