How do I Know how long I can keep an item I've checked out?
Our lending periods vary depending upon the types of itemsBooks, audiovisual materials, periodicals. borrowed:
- THREE (3) WEEK ITEMS
- Books on tape/CD
- Compact Discs (Music)
- Multimedia Kits
- Children's Department DVDs (found only in the Children's Department on the first floor)
- Computer Software
- Magazines (except the most current issue)
- THREE (3) DAY ITEMS
- Popular DVDs (found on the second floor behind the elevator)
- OVERNIGHT LOAN ITEMS
- ReferenceQuestions that you ask of library staff that require knowledge of the content of the collection or other resources such as those on the web. Sometimes you are referred to the answer, hence Reference. Reference can also refer to our reference materials that are often encyclopedic books that have many volumes and a concentrated number of facts and/or statistics. These materials usually have an overnight loan period so they are available in the library most of the time. Books (please note, some reference materials will not be available for check out)
- SEVEN (7) DAY ITEMS
- Videocassette players
- Projectors (slide & overhead)
If you have further questions, please contact our circulationChecking items out and counting the number of checkouts. department at 237-6236.
Was this helpful?
If it wasn't, perhaps you'd like to suggest a new "How do I . . . ?"