How do I Reserve Library Items Online?
If the item you want is checked out or on order (found under Copy/Holding information) you may request it and you will be put on a waiting list for the book. As soon as the book becomes available for you to check out, you will be contacted via e-mail or postal mail to come and pick it up. We will hold the book for one week. If you do not pick it up within that time, the hold will be removed and the book will be put back on the shelf or held for the next person in line.
To Place a Hold:
- Click on the My Account button in the upper left corner of the website.
- Enter your library card number (the 14 digit number beneath the barcode) to access your account.
- Select the Search option - choose the item you wish to check out..
- Above the Copy/Holding Information You will see a clickable box marked Request Item. Once you click it, a "request confirmation" screen will appear. This screen will show you your place in line, how you will be notified that the hold is available, where you can pick up the item and how long the hold will be in effect (usually 6 months from the date you place the hold).
- If all information is correct, click the Request button and the request will be made.
- If you have any problems, please contact the CirculationChecking items out and counting the number of checkouts. Desk (235-7815).
Was this helpful?
If it wasn't, perhaps you'd like to suggest a new "How do I . . . ?"