1st Annual Juried Exhibition Guidelines
The first annual juried exhibition is sheduled to run from July 1-31, 2010. All new and established artists, ages 16 and up who live within 25 miles of State College, PA. may submit up to two pieces for consideration; artists chosen to participate will be represented by one piece only.
- Please do not submit actual work. Only digital images will be accepted. Images must be in .jpg or .png format and no more than 72 dpi with a maximum width or height of 1024 pixels. * Submit 1 image for 2-D work (no details); submit 2 images for 3-D work (front and back views).
- Images must be labeled with artist’s last name and first initial, medium, dimensions, title, and the year of creation. Submission of images without dimensions will disqualify the image.
- Images and completed entry forms are due by 9:00 p.m. on June 1, 2010.
- A list of accepted entries chosen by the Gallery Committee will be posted on schlowlibrary.org on June 15th. Eligible Works * Please be mindful of the exhibition area when submitting work. The gallery space for this event will extend into the Community Room.
- 2-D work may not exceed 36” in any direction and must be ready to hang. Poorly framed, poorly matted pieces , or wet work will not be considered. Unframed, stretched canvases that are securely wired are acceptable.
- 3-D work must fit on our display pedestals that measure 18”x 18” , must be stable on its base and may be no more than 14” high. Free-standing sculpture (non-pedestal pieces) will not be accepted.
Judging and Prizes
- Award winners will be announced at the opening reception sponsored by the Friends of Schlow Library for artists and their guests to be held on Thursday, July 1st . Prizes will be awarded by our local judge, Dana Carlisle Kletchka.
- 1st place — $100, and a personal show
- 2nd place —$75, and a personal show
- 3rd place —$50
- Dana Carlisle Kletchka is the curator of education at the Palmer Museum of Art, a doctoral candidate in art education, a mom and spouse, and a cat enthusiast.
Receiving and Retrieving Work
- Artwork that has been accepted for the show must be delivered to the library on June 29th, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 1PM. Artists must retrieve their work no later than 8:30 PM, August 2nd.