4th Annual Juried Exhibition
The Betsy Rodgers Allen Gallery in Schlow Centre Region Library is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Juried Exhibition, July 1st through July 30th, 2013. All new and established artists, ages 16 and up, with a primary residence in Centre County, PA (or within 30 miles of State College), may submit up to two pieces for consideration; artists chosen to participate will be represented by one piece only.
- Please do not submit actual work. Only digital images will be accepted. Images must be in .jpg or .png format at a resolution of 300 dpi.
- Submit 1 image for 2-D work (no details); submit 2 images for 3-D work (front and back views).
- Images must be labeled with artist's last name and first initial, medium, dimensions (h x w x d), title, and the year of creation. Submission of an image without dimensions or date will disqualify the image.
- Images and completed entry forms are due by 9:00 PM on June 3, 2013.
- A list of accepted entries chosen by the Gallery Committee will be posted on schlowlibrary.org on June 14th.
- The exhibit area for this event will extend into the Community Room.
- 2-D work may not exceed 36" in any direction and must be ready to hang. Poorly framed, poorly matted pieces, or wet work will not be considered. Unframed, stretched canvases that are securely wired are acceptable.
- 3-D work must fit on our display pedestals that measure 18"x 18", must be stable on its base and may be no more than 14" high.
- Free-standing sculptures (non-pedestal pieces) will not be accepted.
Work must have been completed between 2008 and2013.
Judging and Prizes
- Award winners will be announced at the opening reception sponsored by the Friends of Schlow Library for artists and their guests to be held on Thursday, July 11th from 7:00-8:00 PM.
- Prizes will be awarded by our juror, Patricia Howard
- 1st place - $100, and a personal show
- 2nd place - $50, and a personal show
- 3rd place - $25
- Best student piece - $35
Patricia Howard is a fine arts photographer and educator. An Assistant Professor of Art at Juniata College in Huntingdon, Howard teaches digital art and photography. She has worked in both promotions and as a producer at public television station KBDI in Denver. She holds a bachelor's degree at the University of Delaware, a MFA at Penn State, and has taken classes at Anderson Ranch Arts Center as well as the International Center for Photography in New York. Ms. Howard has exhibited work locally at Penn State, Zola New World Bistro, and at the Art Alliance of Central Pennsylvania. Look for her upcoming solo exhibition at the Juniata College Museum of Art in November of 2013.
Receiving and Retrieving Works
Artwork that has been accepted for the show must be delivered to the library on June 27th, between the hours of 4 PM and 6 PM. Artists must retrieve their work on July 31st, between 10 AM and 12 PM.