Juried Exhibition Submissions Guidelines
The Betsy Rodgers Allen Gallery in Schlow Centre Region Library is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Juried Exhibition, July 2nd through July 30th, 2012. All new and established artists, ages 16 and up, who live within 25 miles of State College, PA, may submit up to two pieces for consideration; artists chosen to participate will be represented by one piece only.
- Please do not submit actual work. Only digital images will be accepted. Images must be in .jpg or .png format at a resolution of 300 dpi.
- Submit 1 image for 2-D work (no details); submit 2 images for 3-D work (front and back views).
- Images must be labeled with artist's last name and first initial, medium, dimensions (h x w x d), title, and the year of creation. Submission of an image without dimensions will disqualify the image.
- Images and completed entry forms are due by 9:00 PM on June 4, 2012.
- A list of accepted entries chosen by the Gallery Committee will be posted on schlowlibrary.org on June 15th at 5:00 PM.
- The exhibit area for this event will extend into the Community Room.
- 2-D work may not exceed 36" in any direction and must be ready to hang. Poorly framed, poorly matted pieces, or wet work will not be considered. Unframed, stretched canvases that are securely wired are acceptable.
- 3-D work must fit on our display pedestals that measure 18"x 18", must be stable on its base and may be no more than 14" high.
- Free-standing sculptures (non-pedestal pieces) will not be accepted.
Judging and Prizes
- Award winners will be announced at the opening reception sponsored by the Friends of Schlow Library for artists and their guests to be held on Thursday, July 12th from 7:00-8:00 PM.
- Prizes will be awarded by our juror, Patricia House.
- 1st place - $100, and a personal show
- 2nd place - $50, and a personal show
- 3rd place - $25
- Best student piece - $35
Patricia House is the Director and Presidet of the Board of Bellefonte Art Museum of Centre County. A retired museum professional with over thirty years experience. Ms. House has developed and managed museums and art related nonprofit organizations across the country and has curated art exhibitions for several galleries and museums. These include The Muckenthaler Cultural Center and Historical House Foundation, The Asian Pacific Museum, The Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, and the Bowers Museum of Cultural Art, in Santa Ana California. The library thanks Ms. House for her participation in this event and for her support of the arts in Centre County.
Receiving and Retrieving Works
Artwork that has been accepted for the show must be delivered to the library on June 28th, between the hours of 10:00 AM and Noon. Artists must retrieve their work between 10:00 AM and Noon, July 31st.