Tuesday Brown Bag Parent Discussion Topics - Helping Your Anxious Child
SCASD (State College Area School District) Student Services & Community Education Programs Present our Fall 2012 Brown Bag "Lunch Bunch" Parenting Discussions.
Join Connie Schulz, SCASD Family Outreach Specialist, and a variety of community resource people to meet other parents and share ideas.
Feel free to bring snacks or lunch for you and your child during the programs. Programs meet in the Schlow's Community Room. REGISTRATION REQUIRED, CLICK "MORE INFO" FOR THE DETAILS BELOW.
TUESDAY BROWN BAG PARENT DISCUSSION TOPICS
October 16, 23, 30, November 6, 13 (5 weeks) - 12 PM - 1:30 PM
October 23: Helping Your Anxious Child:
- Children worry, some more than others. Come find some resources and discuss techniques to help your child learn to manage anxious feelings.
Other Sessions in the series:
October 16: Positive Discipline:
- Guiding children to make good choices requires skill. Join us to discuss the ideas that weave through the Positive Discipline book series.
- Discuss the numerous meanings and situations to which these questions apply in family life. Share ideas and try out some tools to measure this question.
November 6: Parenting Styles - Mix and Match!
- What's your parenting style? How does your style blend with other caregivers in your child's life? Discuss authoritative, authoritarian, permissive & other styles & blends and how they work in your families.
November 13: Stressbusters!
- Try out a variety of techniques that busy parents and care-givers can use to reduce stress. Refresh your skills and share with others.
Registration is required for this program:
To register, contact Connie Schulz at SCASD Family Outreach - 231-1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ask for single sessions by name and/or dates. Provide name(s) of people attending, daytime phone number, and names and ages of any children needing care. If requesting child care for individual Tuesday sessions, please reserveWhen the item you want is checked out to someone else you may request that it be held for you when it is returned. Requests can be made for any item in our catalog including new releases and items on order. You will receive notification via e-mail (or telephone) when your hold is available for pick up. Your request will be honored in the order it is received. child care by one week prior to the date needed or for the series by THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6 for planning & staffing purposes.