Computers at Schlow
There are many access points for computing at Schlow. Near the reference desk, there are 18 computers, 2 express stations. and 3 Microsoft computers. We also have Wi-Fi throughout the building. Some of the desks in the Read Room are wired to connect to the internet without a wifi card.
- You need a Schlow Library card and PIN# to use the computers. Guest access is also available with a valid ID.
- There is a limit of 2 hours per day. The computers will log off after one hour (remember to save your work to an external disc). If no one is waiting, you can log on for another hour.
- The Express stations are available for 20 minutes.
- Most of the computers (except for the two Microsoft stations) have Open Office (which is compatible with Microsoft Office) and Firefox.
- Printing: Prints should be picked up at the reference desk. Black & white prints are 10 cents per page; color prints are 50 cents per page. Please ask for assistance if you have questions about the printing.
- If all the computers are in use, ask about reserving a computer.
- All computers will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.