Web Resources for Kids
To help you and your children happily and safely navigate the Internet we have provided a list of recommended websites below.
To ensure your children’s safety please read and understand Schlow Library's Internet Policy.
Parents: You must monitor whether your kids actually log on to the Internet in the Library and what they do once they are online as described in our Internet Policy.
Suggested Internet Guidelines for Kids
- Always ask your parents’ permission before using your full name, address, telephone number or school name anywhere online.
- Always tell your parents or other trusted adults if you see something online that is scary or that you don’t understand.
- Don’t respond to messages that make you feel uncomfortable or uneasy.
- Never give out a credit card number or password online.
- Never arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone you know only through the Internet unless you discuss it with your parents and an adult goes with you.
- Remember that not everything you see on the Internet is true.