Weather? What Weather?
Looks like we're getting "weather" -- prepare yourselves! While you're out getting your bread and milk (why is it always bread & milk?) stop in at the library and pick up a good read. Who knows? The area may be without power this evening! What?! No Biggest Loser: Couples?!?! Does TiVo work even if the power's off?
Anyway, for your skimming enjoyment, I've got some titles that may intrigue you...
- Water for Elephants -- Sarah Gruen
- Say You're One of Them -- Uwem Akpam
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close -- Jonathan Safran Foer
- Hank the Cowdog Series -- John R. Erickson - this one's an awesome read for the family. When I read it aloud to my kids, Hank has a southern drawl & Drover has the accent of a Texas cowman. They usually switch mid-story, but the kids don't care.
- The Shack -- William P. Young
- The Royals -- Kitty Kelley (I know, it's pretty much pulp non-fiction, but it's DELICIOUS pulp non-fiction!)
So there you have it, some great reads for lousy weather. And.... if your New Year's Resolution was to get rid of the junk in your house, take a look at Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? or It's ALL Too Much by Peter Welch. If the New Year's Resolution has more to do with the junk in your trunk, we've got all sorts of healthier cooking books around. Right now, I'm reading Quit Digging Your Grave with a Knife and Fork by Mike Huckabee. It's quite interesting to see how he lost a lot of weight and took his life to a healthier level. read more