USER A library cardholder and/or user of library services. BEHAVIOR POLICY
Approved March 8, 2013 by the Schlow Board of Trustees
Users may not engage in any act which is illegal or disrupts or prevents the normal or intended use of the Library by any other users or staff.
Doing so may result in loss of Library privileges and/or legal actions.
- The following are specifically prohibited:
- Leaving children unsupervised or uncontrolled
- No food or open drinks except in designated areas
- Bare feet or lack of upper-body covering
- Stealing, damaging, altering or attempting to alter, any property belonging to the Library or Library patrons
- Viewing, in plain sight, materials which are inappropriate for the surroundings, including potential passersby
- Excessive noise, including loud talking, loud audio equipment and use of profanity
- Use of controlled substances, tobacco products or alcoholic beverages
- Animals, except assistance dogs or animals which are part of a Library sponsored activity
- Unattended bags or belongings; the Library is not responsible for stolen or lost property
- Obstructing passageways; blocking access to any part of the Library
- Threats, harassment, or intimidation of another person, including following a person, staring, threatening, taunting or inflicting physical or verbal abuse
- Poor personal hygiene that is offensive or constitutes a nuisance to others
- Soliciting or panhandling
• Washing clothes or bathing on Library property
- Bicycles, scooters, skates, skateboards or shopping carts inside the Library
- Utilizing Library facilities for non-approved Library purposes
These rules shall be applied in a neutral and nondiscriminatory manner to protect the
property, users and staff of Schlow Centre Region Library.
Offenders may be asked to leave the Library, have Library privileges suspended, or be subject to police or legal action and eviction.
Schlow Centre Region Library is a limited public forum. Appeals may be submitted to the Library Board within 15 days of an incident.