Thanks for your interest in helping Schlow!
Volunteers are the wonder workers of the Library, and provide many thousands of hours of essential assistance every year.
- Pick up a volunteer application at the Circulation Desk, print it from the attached file, or Sign up Online.
- Drop off your completed paper application at the Circulation Desk or mail it to:
Schlow Centre Region Library
ATTN: Diane Schmidt
211 S. Allen St.
State College, PA 16801
- As soon as it is reviewed, we will contact you about any current volunteer opportunities that match your availability.
- Volunteers needing Community Service hours should inquire before submitting an application.
Note: Applicants must be at least 16 years old. All those under 18 must submit a parent/guardian consent form in addition to the application.
- There are special volunteer opportunities for children ages 13-16 during our Summer Reading Program. These positions are limited and are offered on a first come, first serve basis.
Applicants under 18 must also submit the attached Parent/Guardian Consent Form. Applicants 18 and over must submit the required background checks.
For further questions and information, please read Schlow's Give Your Time page, contact us at 814.237.6236, or use the “Contact Us” form.