Virtual Community Rooms
Monday to Friday 9am to Noon, and 4pm to 7pm
Children's Virtual Service Desk
Tuesdays and Fridays, 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm
Services by Telephone
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
In the United States alone, more than 5 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 16 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers. The disease is a global crisis that impacts numerous families right here in our community. However, no one has to face this disease alone or without information.
The Alzheimer’s Association® has created an education program covering the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
The free one-hour Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
● Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
● Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
● Details the risk factors for and three general stages of the disease.
● Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
● Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
● Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.
Register online and attendees will receive an email including the Bluejeans information the day before the meeting. For more information, contact the reference desk staff at email@example.com.