Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
With every book that you read together, you are guiding your child along the path to learning - and learning doesn't begin with kindergarten. Reading to your child early and often sparks a sense of curiosity and creativity that will last a lifetime. Our new 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is an easy way to give your child the best possible head start. Register your little reader today!
- Want to get started right away? To register remotely, send an email to email@example.com with the subject "1000 Books Before Kindergarten registration" and include your name and your child's name and child's birthdate. Then, download the booklet and 1-100 log sheet below.
- If the library is open for browsing: Stop by the Children's Desk to register and pick up and informational booklet and your first log sheet.
- Color in a fun picture for each book you read together. No titles or pages required, and your only deadline is your child's first day of kindergarten!
- Please hang on to your log sheets until the library is able to be open for browsing and then return the completed log sheet to the Children's Desk. We'll give you your next sheet, as well as a fun woodland critter to place on our Forest of Fantastic Readers scene.
- Repeat the process until you have reached 1,000 books, and come in to receive your special prize!
Finished your 100 books but can't make it in to the library right away? Download your next log sheet below! (But make sure to stop by the desk with your completed log sheet during your next library visit to pick your prize!)