1pm to 5pm
Monday - Wednesday
9am to 8pm
Noon to 8pm
9am to 6pm
9am to 5pm
2020 Winter Reading
For Adults & Teens! Resolve to read more this year!
Register and start recording your reading at reading.schlowlibrary.org!
You loved the challenge of reading the winter away in 2019! Set your goal for this season. Read to win.
Adults and teens (12 and up) are invited to participate in Schlow Library's Winter Reading! Earn chances at fantastic prizes, and read to your heart's content during the cold months!
- Sunday, January 26 -- Tuesday, March 31
- We are where you are...even during Winter Reading! Our online system - reading.schlowlibrary.org - can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Registration will open on Sunday, January 26...but you can join the fun through March!
- Final Prize drawings will be on Friday, April 3!
Read (or listen to) books and complete quests!
Register online at reading.schlowlibrary.org
Did you participate in the 2019 Winter or Summer Reading Program? If so, log in with your existing username and password to sign up!
- Let us know if you need our help! Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org and we can remind you of your username and/or change the password.
- If you have never participated in a previous Schlow reading program, you will need to create your Reading@Schlow username & password and provide some information. This will be your permanent and lifelong Reading@Schlow account and it will carry over each year.
- Once you are signed in, you can click on your profile to change the password.
Set Your Goal!
- Go to your [DASHBOARD], and select a reading goal from the choices listed or enter your own.
- Goals can be changed only BEFORE the original goal has been met.
- For example, if your goal is 2 books, and you record 3 books, you will be unable to change your goal.
- You may keep recording books beyond your goal.
- Minimum goal: 1 book
- Earn one bonus prize entry for reaching your goal.
- Once you meet your goal, come to the second-floor desk to pick up your Goal Prize (a Dairy Queen gift card).
Log Your Reading
- Enter the book title and the author of the book you have read.
- Optional: Describe why a friend should read this book, OR compose a 6 word summary of the book. "Like" other's comments by clicking on the [REVIEWS] tab.
Complete the Quests!
- Locate the 4 reading challenges on the [QUESTS] tab. Each completed quest is worth bonus entries into the Final Prize drawing.
- Reading Goal Quest
- Basic Reading Quest
- Centre County Reads Quest
- Book Bingo Quest
Earn Entries for the Final Prize by:
- Completing Basic Reading Quest = 1 entry per book title and author
- Completing Reading Goal Quest = 1 entry
- Completing Centre County Reads Quest = 1 entry
- Completing Book Bingo Quest = 6 entries
Last day to record: Tuesday, March 31, 2020.