Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
A Safe Step to Lobby Service
On May 4, Schlow begins the next phase in its COVID-19 service plan, which includes a step-by-step re-opening of the building that keeps safety our top priority.
We continue to work closely with public health and government officials to monitor COVID-19 community indicators and make informed decisions. Schlow also recently completed a patron survey to assess the community’s comfort level with returning to in-person services.
Based on these metrics, we will begin a phased re-opening of our building with lobby reserve pick-ups. Following a successful phase-one launch, we will move to phase two to include in-person browsing, provided it is safe to do so.
Lobby Service Hours beginning May 4
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday & Thursday||1pm - 7pm|
|Saturday||9am - 1pm|
What you can expect with Phase One Lobby Pick-Up
- Safety First: Masking, social distancing, and COVID-19 protocols will continue.
- Expanded Hours: More times will be available to pick up your reserves. Remember to choose your items online first. We’ll notify you, as usual, by email or text when ready.
- Capacity: For the safety of patrons and staff, a limited number of patrons will be allowed in the lobby at one time. Please maintain social distancing until it is your turn to enter.
- Self-Check Outs Available: Staff will be on hand to assist with check outs or account questions. No fines or fees will be collected.
Other Need-to-Know Info
- Doorside pick-up, including text message check-ins, will be discontinued.
- Scheduled pick-ups remain the same.
- Schlow book returns remain available to return materials at your convenience.
- In-person browsing is coming soon! Keep an eye out on our social media and the website for details.
Please be assured that we’re as eager as you are to get back to the Schlow you know. Thank you for your patience, input, trust, and support as we navigate this next chapter together!