Join a Club
Do you like to chat about books or play board games? Share knitting or crocheting tips and patterns? Draw comics?
Schlow offers a variety of clubs, both in-person and online, where you can meet individuals who share your interests.
Join a Schlow Club today!
Our book discussion clubs:
- Tuesday Book Club: Readers meet in-person on the 3rd Tuesday of the month to discuss the month's book selection. This club reads both fiction and nonfiction, with an emphasis on literary fiction, award winners, and bestselling authors.
- CR Active Adult Center Book Club: Readers meet in the afternoon, in-person on the 2nd Tuesday of the month to discuss the month's book selection. This club meets at the Nittany Mall and reads bestselling fiction and mysteries.
- Well-Read Book Club: Our virtual book club. Readers meet online, on the 4th Wednesday of the month to discuss the month's book selection. This club reads both fiction and nonfiction, with an emphasis on literary fiction, award winners, and bestselling authors.
- ESL Book Club: An online book club for individuals seeking to practice English reading and speaking skills. This club meets once a week and is recommended for intermediate to advanced language learners. Check the Classes & Events page for details.
Our craft and leisure activities clubs:
- Knitting Club: Meets the 1st (in-person) and 3rd Monday (online).
- Comics Club: For teens. Meets every Friday. This club is hybrid. For Zoom info, please register.
- Boardgame Meetup: Play a variety of tabletop games or bring your own. Meets once a month on Saturdays. Check the website for times.
- Go/Chess Club: A long tradition at Schlow, our Go/Chess club meets twice a month on Saturdays. Play a casual game and brush up your strategy.
For current meeting times and other details, go to the Classes & Events page or find us on social media.
Questions? Please contact the Adult Department at email@example.com, or 814.237.6236.