We’re sending a gigantic thank you to everyone who has participated in our reading programs over the past few months: April Book Club, 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, and - of course - Summer Reading! We’re going to be busy getting various kinds of prizes into readers’ hands, so we wanted to share our plan with you and ask for your patience. We’ll be contacting all winners’ families via email, so please keep an eye on your inbox and your spam folder, just in case!
Summer Reading Ages 3-12: Prize Drawings
- Winners have been chosen in all of our random prize drawings. If your Summer Reader won a prize, you will receive an email from us letting you know how to choose and pick up your child’s prize. We will begin sending these emails the week of August 24.
Summer Reading Ages 3-12: SummerQuest Prize Books
- If your Summer Reader earned a prize book by completing the SummerQuest, congratulations to them! After most of the bigger Summer Reading prizes have gone home with their winners, we will send you an email inviting you to help your child choose their prize book safely. You can expect to see this email in late September.
Summer Reading Babies - 2: Prize Books
- Thanks for reading with your baby or toddler this summer, and congratulations on reaching the goal we set for you! After our SummerQuest finishers have chosen and picked up their books, we will send you an email inviting you to choose a book for your little one. You can expect to see this email in mid to late October.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Do you have a child starting kindergarten who finished the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program? If the answer is yes, please send us an email at email@example.com so we can tell you what to do next! We may not be able to share our excitement with you in person, but we still want to celebrate your family’s accomplishment! Please note that - whether you drop them off at the library or send us a picture - we’d like to see your child’s completed log sheets.
- If your child is working on or has finished the 1,000 Books program but is not starting kindergarten this year, please keep reading but hold onto your log sheets for now! We’ll be in touch when we’re ready for other finishers and readers to turn in their log sheets and choose prizes.
April Book Club: Prize Books
- If your child met their April Book Club reading goal and received a prize book certificate from us, don’t worry - we haven’t forgotten about you! You will receive an email from us inviting you to help your child choose their prize book safely. You can expect to see this email in mid to late October.
- Many of you have asked us for a fall reading program, and we’re happy to oblige! Our usual November Book Club will be the Autumn Book Club this year, and will run for two months - October and November - so you can keep the reading going at your family’s preferred pace. This will be another opportunity for your child to earn a prize book and grow your family’s at-home library!