Monday - Wednesday
9am to 8pm
Noon to 8pm
9am to 6pm
9am to 5pm
Welcome to Schlow Centre Region Library!
- All Centre County residents can use Schlow, "the Centre of Reading and Learning," with free library cards available from any public library in the County.
- Browse or check out our 150,000 items, available at either Schlow or online.
- Our staff serves patrons more than 1,000,000 times a year through visits, checkouts, programs and many other services.
- Schlow was named after prominent local businessman Charles Schlow, who in 1957 donated space in a West College Ave. house for the original Library.
- Read Schlow's strategic plan to learn more about the Library's mission, values, and goals.
- Schlow is pronounced with a hard 'sk' sound and rhymes with glow!
The Schlow Management Team
- Catherine Alloway, Library Director
- DJ Lilly, Office Manager
- Brady Clemens, District Library Consultant
- Molly Hetrick, Manager of Philanthropy
- Susanna Paul, Communications Manager
- Maria Burchill, Head of Adult Services
- Anita Ditz, Head of Children’s Services
- Nathaniel Rasmussen, Head of Information Technology Services
- Lisa Rives Collens, Head of Patron Services
- Diane Schmidt, Head of Technical Services
Question or Concern? Please share it with us.
The Schlow Board of Trustees
Schlow Library is governed by a nine-member Board of Trustees appointed by the municipal governments in the Centre Region.
Board of Trustees Meeting Schedule
The Board of Trustees monthly meeting is typically held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm in Schlow's Downsbrough Community Room. The public is welcome to attend.
Please contact us to confirm a specific meeting date. Notification of changes will be printed in the Centre Daily Times.
Current Board of Trustees
- Marilyn Byers, President, Harris Township
- Ron Filippelli, Vice President - State College Borough
- Dave Thiel, Treasurer - Harris Township
- Virginia Squier, Secretary - Halfmoon Township
- Ralph Licastro - State College Borough
- Cecelia Merkel - Patton Township
- Lewis Steinberg - Ferguson Township
- Maureen Welesko - College Township
- Vacant - Patton Township
You can contact the Schlow board president by clicking here.