Getting back to the Schlow You Know!
We are pleased to offer expanded hours where you can enter the lobby and retrieve your holds.
Getting your books and materials is still as easy as 1-2-3!
Reserve Your items
- Find the materials you would like to checkout on this website (or call 814.237.6236 during business hours), and request them.
- Wait for an email or text (SMS) notification that your requests are available.
- Note: depending on item and staff availability, this could be same-day or much longer.
Lobby Service Hours
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday & Thursday||1pm - 7pm|
|Saturday||9am - 1pm|
Once you decide when you can come in*, move to the next step!
*If you prefer, you can schedule an appointment and we’ll have your books already checked out so you can grab and go!
Come to Schlow and bring the following with you
- The library card or library card number for every individual for which you wish to pick up materials.You may wish to prepare the My Library Card App with all of your family's card numbers.
- A face mask.
- Your patience as we adapt lobby service to safely meet everyone's needs.
Parking is available in Schlow Library lot during regular business hours for free, and validation is required. You’ll find validation stations in the lobby and the Children’s Department. Personal vehicles must be removed from the lot when you leave the library to avoid being towed.
Follow the Red Footprints
- Wearing your mask, enter the covered walkway in front of Schlow near the parking lot's entrance.
- Stand socially distanced from others while you wait.
- Wait your turn to enter. Staff will help you get where you want to go!
- If you are uncomfortable entering the building, ring the doorbell on the table and staff will be happy to retrieve your reserves for you.
You’re In! What to Expect In the Lobby
- Safety First: Masking, social distancing, and COVID-19 protocols will continue.
- Capacity: For the safety of patrons and staff, a limited number of patrons will be allowed in the building at one time. Please maintain social distancing until it is your turn to enter.
- Self-Check Outs Available: Staff will be on hand to assist with check outs or account questions. No fines or fees will be collected.
Other Need-to-Know Info
- Doorside pick-up, including text check-ins, will be discontinued.
- Scheduled pick-ups remain the same.
- Schlow book returns remain available to return materials at your convenience.
- In-person browsing is here! We are happy to be able to offer browsing, but please be conscientious of your time in the building so that we can serve as many patrons as we can in equitable fashion.
Enjoy your library materials, and come to Schlow again soon!
Need help, or special accommodation?
Thank you for your patience as we continue to expand our services.