Explore our growing variety of digital offerings
Frequenty Asked Questions
How do I Return My Books?
No fines are accruing on items borrowed from Schlow Centre Region Library or Centre County Library & Historical Museum locations until further notice.
All of our remote returns are now open to accept returns starting Friday, May 29.
What types of Items Can I Request?
At this time, we are only circulating a limited collection of printed materials for the safety of our patrons and staff. We plan to resume access to additional collections, including DVDs and audiobooks as we expand our service capacity. Thank you for your patience as we work towards serving the community in a safe manner.
Items currently not requestable
- CDs & Audiobooks
- Games & Toys
- Reference Materials
- Instruments & Equipment
- Community Passes
How do I Get a Library Card?
During the closure of Schlow's physical building, we want to ensure easy access to all of Schlow's electronic resources. Beginning 3/14/2020, if you have lost your library card, have blocks on your card, or simply need a new card, feel free to sign up for a temporary library card and use that to access electronic resources. Please keep in mind that your new card will replace your old one. The information used to create a card online will be used to update existing accounts.
Online Library Card Account Creation: All Centre County residents, permanent and temporary, are eligible (13 years of age or older or under 12, with guardian permission).
- Go to: http://go.schlow.org/GetACard.
- Enter your information in all fields.
- Check the boxes to confirm that you are a resident of Centre County and 13 years of age or older or a legal guardian of the applicant, and grant permission for this account
- A temporary library card number will be issued to you so that you can immediately access online resources via schlowlibrary.org. The temporary number will expire in 60 days.
- Your permanent library card will be mailed to you in 7-10 business days.
- Mail option: When Schlow Centre Region Libary re-opens you can check out materials at the Library once your account information has been confirmed by showing photo I.D. at the Main Service Desk.
Need help? Email us at email@example.com.
How do I Renew my Library Account?
How can I Get Updates on Library Services & Events?
Please visit this page, subscribe to our monthly email newsletter, and follow our social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) often as we continue to post updates during this rapidly-evolving situation, and thank you for your patience as we determine the best course to continue providing library services while protecting the health of our visitors, volunteers and staff.
What are your (temporarily) Suspended Services?
- Public Computers
- Print and Copy Services
- Interlibrary Loan
- 3D Printing
- Physical Event Spaces
- Art Gallery